City of Ithaca Common Council
Deb Mohlenhoff, a resident of Fall Creek for over fifteen years, is excited to be running for reelection representing the 5th Ward to Common Council.
She has served on Common Council since October of 2009, when she was appointed to finish out the term of a vacated position. She then was elected to her first four year term that started January of 2010, and is now in the 1st year of her second four year term.
In her role as Council Member she:
- Chaired the Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPA)
- Chaired the Performance Measurement working group that executed the first ever City of Ithaca resident survey
- Co-facilitated a Strategic Planning retreat for City Staff and Common Council resulting in new city strategic themes
- Implemented the first City Report Card, a first step to Performance Measurement for the City of Ithaca
- Serves as Acting Mayor
- Serves on the City Comprehensive Plan Committee
- Chair of the City Administration Committee and the City Budget Process
- Serve as liaison to the Government Affairs Committee to the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce, Human Services Coalition, and the Ithaca Youth Council